Tuesday 10 April 2012

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer - "Dead Cat."

Going through Tom Sawyer I couldn't help but take a little bit of time to draw something up based on this exchange.  I'd like a bit more gore on the cat I must admit but I'm producing pieces at the minute for my portfolio to appeal to publishers hence the omission.  Here's the text:


Tom hailed the romantic outcast:

"Hello, Huckleberry!"

"Hello yourself, and see how you like it."

"What's that you got?"

"Dead cat."

"Lemme see him, Huck. My, he's pretty stiff. Where'd you get him ?"

"Bought him off'n a boy."

 "What did you give?"

"I give a blue ticket and a bladder that I got at the slaughter-house."

"Where'd you get the blue ticket?"

"Bought it off'n Ben Rogers two weeks ago for a hoop-stick."

"Say - what is dead cats good for, Huck?"

"Good for? Cure warts with."




















As I'm making work for publishing I thought I'd do a Black and White version too


 

No comments:

Post a Comment